Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Samoyed's warming up



One of my favorite photo's. I took this while doing an internship at the Grand Forks Herald in Grand Forks ND. It was a stretch of 30 belows (not surprising I know) and my car needed a tow-in to get started. I was brought into a dealership in town and while there I noticed these two dogs were in the back of this wagon. The salesman told me that they were outside the door when they arrived to open up. They said that more than likely there all night because of the build up of ice in their paws. They took them in from the cold and blowing snow to warm up and see if they could find their home. They seemed to enjoy the hospitality and food and water. I enjoy the memory because of the hospitality and kindness they should toward these dogs. This was in 1979. A much differant world than we live in today.

No comments: